Monday, November 9, 2015

Our (Partial) Writing List

Hello, everyone! This post is all about our writing assignments this year and, like Gwenyth in her booklist post, I will include my own opinions on them where applicable. I hope you enjoy!

Weeks 3-4: A creative writing essay about the life of an officer or general fighting in the trenches of WWI. This assignment was truly enjoyable, as I love to write historical fiction, though Majestra Payne threw the class a curveball and allowed us to write it in the 1st person.

Week 6: An analytical essay on one of three topics-"Americans proved crucial to the war effort," "Woodrow Wilson experienced great temptations, so it is not surprising that he lost sight of realities in pursuit of his dreams," and "At the Paris peace talks, realities won out over altruism." I nearly lost my mind with this assignment, but it taught me quite a bit about the Treaty of Versailles and some of the basics to a well-rounded analytical essay, including how to properly cite my sources (thank you, Majestra Payne, for the time you spent helping me with this paper❤️)

Weeks 11-13: Design a website. Yes, this is a class assignment!

Finally, there have been approximately three in class (and approximately two at-home) timed essay tests. If you have ever taken the ACT or the SAT, you know what they are. And, if you are like me, you barely scraped through them alive.

Overall, this has been an awesome year in writing and I cannot wait for the next assignment!

Sincerely, Espella


No comments:

Post a Comment